8:45 AM – 12:00 PM / 1:15 PM – 2:00 PM
To schedule a follow up appointment:
Since I don’t have any office staff, I can’t do any scheduling over the phone (although you can cancel an appointment by leaving a voice message, of course.) Schedule your appointment at my appointment site.
(current patients only)
Scheduling Psychotherapy Appointments
I have three options for scheduling psychotherapy appointments:
Option 1 : Routine scheduling
You may schedule individual appointments up to 30 days in advance, up to three sessions per week as my schedule permits. Broken appointments or appointments canceled with less than 48 hours advance notice will be billed to the patient at the usual fee ($225) unless the time is filled by another patient. In case of winter weather, cancellation fees will not be charged if Dallas or your local Public Schools are closed.
Option 2 : Standing Appointments
I can reserve the same time each week for you, up to four sessions per week, that are yours until you release them. Standing appointments can’t be scheduled on the system by the patient, so you’ll have to request my help. I charge the usual fee for any missed standing appointment ($225) – regardless of notice – unless the time is filled by another patient. This is because standing appointments are reserved in my schedule indefinitely, and therefore not available for other patients to book. The more advance notice you give of a cancellation, the better chance there will be for someone else to take your time slot and save you the fee. In case of winter weather, cancellation fees will not be charged if Dallas or your local Public Schools are closed.
The following times are currently available for standing appointments:
8:45 AM* 9:30 AM*
(Times with * are subject to more frequent cancellations due to holidays and teaching obligations.)
Option 3 : Concierge Psychotherapy:
• One 40-45 minute psychotherapy session at the same time each week during regular business hours
• Prescribing of all medically necessary psychiatric medications
• Coordination with your primary care physician for all medical conditions, lab studies, or other testing
• No additional charges for any administrative tasks (phone calls, forms, etc.)
• Anytime online patient portal for messaging, lab results and documents
• Direct access to Dr. Grugle’s cell phone for urgent needs (in an emergency, call 911 first)
• If hospitalization is required, Dr. Grugle will coordinate the admission process and see the patient on a daily basis. (Travel and inpatient attending / consultation fees apply)
• If requested, we will handle claims for any insurance benefits you may be entitled to; any benefits we receive will be used to offset your monthly fee
There is no charge for weeks that Dr. Grugle is not in the office or if Dallas or your local Public Schools are closed.
The Concierge Fee is $1000 per month and is non-refundable.
Your progress in treatment may be enhanced by attending up to an additional 4 concierge sessions per week which may be reserved in the same week on a recurring basis. The fee for each additional recurring concierge psychotherapy session is $200 per session. I charge the usual fee ($200) for any missed additional concierge session – regardless of notice – unless the time is filled by another patient.
To schedule a new patient appointment:
Completing these steps in the correct order will speed things up:
- Review my financial and insurance policies and New Patient FAQ’s.
- Contact me so that we can have a brief chat about your treatment needs. If we decide to work together:
- I’ll need your legal name, birthdate, cell phone number and email address to get your medical record started.
- Navigate to my payment page, and pay a non-refundable $50 administrative fee to cover the costs of setting everything up for your ongoing care.
- Download and complete the history form by clicking this link. You may scan it and email or fax it to me. I must have it for review prior to activating your scheduling login.
- When you receive an invitation to my patient portal, click on the link promptly – it expires after 72 hours. The portal is located at https://www.onpatient.com and is the place to review labs, check your upcoming appointments, request refills, review your account, make payments and communicate securely with me, so I require you to sign up.
- Schedule your evaluation appointment at my appointment site, AppointmentPlus. This is a different site than onpatient.com.
- After you’ve booked your appointment time, you’ll receive a confirmation from me to please log back in to onpatient.com, click on your appointment and complete the registration process and sign new patient consent forms before your first appointment. If this is not done at least 48 hours before your scheduled appointment you will need to reschedule.
I do not prescribe medication on the first appointment. It usually requires 4-5 psychotherapy evaluation sessions before making any recommendations regarding medication enhanced psychotherapy.
I’m generally not available immediately by phone but do my best to return non-urgent calls within 2 business days. It’s generally easier for me to respond via the patient portal at onpatient.com.
Phone: (469) 250-1340 (answered 24 hours)
Secure Fax: (844) 710-6013
Thomas A Grugle, MD
12830 Hillcrest Rd Ste D-222
Dallas, TX 75230
Located on the southeast corner of Hillcrest and LBJ.
email: click here to open your email program and send me a message, or use the handy form below. Email is not a secure means of communicating, so carefully consider what kind of information you want to include.
I am looking forward to working with you.
These are the dates that I plan to be out of the office in 2019:
April 15 – 19
July 3 – 7
November 28 – 29
December 23 – Jan1