Initial Evaluation and Treatment Planning
After my review of screening forms and prior treatment records, we will meet together in the office for about an hour to begin the process of deciding how best to approach your treatment. I don’t usually prescribe medication after the first session (unless the patient is already taking medication and needs an urgent refill.) Additional studies such as laboratory, radiology, or psychological testing may be ordered.
Concierge Psychiatry Service
Psychotherapy works best when it is consistent and regular. The monthly fee includes:
- One 40 minute psychotherapy session at the same time each week during regular business hours
- Prescribing of all medically necessary psychiatric medications
- Coordination with your primary care physician for all medical conditions, lab studies, or other testing
- Anytime online scheduling to view, cancel or change your appointments
- Anytime online patient portal for messaging, lab results and documents
- Direct access to Dr. Grugle’s cell phone for urgent needs (in an emergency, call 911 first)
- If hospitalization is required, Dr. Grugle will coordinate the admission process and see the patient on a daily basis. (Travel and inpatient attending / consultation fees apply)
- If requested, we will handle claims for any insurance benefits you may be entitled to; any benefits we receive will be used to offset your monthly fee
There is no charge for weeks that Dr. Grugle is not in the office.
Additional Recurring Psychotherapy Sessions
Your progress in treatment may be enhanced by attending up to 4 sessions per week which may be reserved in the same week on a recurring basis.
Single Booking Psychotherapy Appointments
If you’re not quite ready to commit to weekly sessions, you can book your sessions individually through the convenient online scheduling system. I ask 48 hours prior notice if you are not able to attend a single booking psychotherapy session. If prior notice is not given you will be charged for the missed session.
Psychotherapy Appointments after 5:00 PM
Half Session Psychotherapy – 25 minutes
Medication refill brief visit – 10 minutes
Non medically necessary services requested by the patient are not covered by insurance and are charged at a standard fee of $400 per hour (minimum $40). Examples of non-medically necessary services are completion of disability forms, FMLA forms, prescription pre-authorizations, completion of life insurance applications and duplication of medical records.
I don’t accept any form of insurance (except TRICARE) as payment, but can provide forms (“superbills”) that may be used to file for any benefits that you may be entitled to. Upon request, an electronic claim can be sent on your behalf to most major insurance company (except Medicare.)
I am “opted out” of Medicare – Medicare will not reimburse any fees and you will not be able to file a claim.
In case of winter weather, cancellation fees will not be charged if Dallas or your local Public Schools are closed.
Patients may request a written estimate of their out-of-pocket expenses. Charges may vary based on the patient’s condition. The request may delay the scheduling of your care. The actual charges may differ from the amount paid by the third-party payer. The patient is personally liable for the services not paid by health insurance.
Dr. Grugle will not furnish adverse information to consumer reporting agencies regarding amounts owed by the patient if the patient finalizes a payment plan agreement within 45 days of receiving the first statement. You may be able to reduce some of your out-of-pocket costs for an out-of-network medical or health care claim that is eligible for mediation by contacting the Texas Department of Insurance at http://www.tdi.texas.gov/consumer/cpmmediation.html and 1-800-252-3439.
Questions? Use the form below: