Initial Evaluation and Treatment Planning
After my review of screening forms and prior treatment records, we will meet together in the office for about an hour to begin the process of deciding how best to approach your treatment. I don’t usually prescribe medication after the first session (unless the patient is already taking medication and needs an urgent refill.) Additional studies such as laboratory, radiology, or psychological testing may be ordered.
Concierge Psychiatry Service ($1000 per month)
Psychotherapy works best when it is consistent and regular. The monthly fee includes:
- One 45 minute psychotherapy session at the same time each week during regular business hours
- Prescribing of all medically necessary psychiatric medications
- Coordination with your primary care physician for all medical conditions, lab studies, or other testing
- Anytime online scheduling to view, cancel or change your appointments
- Anytime online patient portal for messaging, lab results and documents
- Direct access to Dr. Grugle’s cell phone for urgent needs (in an emergency, call 911 first)
- If hospitalization is required, Dr. Grugle will coordinate the admission process and see the patient on a daily basis. (Travel and inpatient attending / consultation fees apply)
- If requested, we will handle claims for any insurance benefits you may be entitled to; any benefits we receive will be used to offset your monthly fee
There is no charge for weeks that Dr. Grugle is not in the office or in case of winter weather (if Dallas or your local Public Schools are closed.)
Additional Recurring Psychotherapy Sessions ($200)
Your progress in treatment may be enhanced by attending up to 4 sessions per week which may be reserved in the same week on a recurring basis.
Non medically necessary services requested by the patient are not covered by insurance and are charged at a standard fee of $400 per hour (minimum $40). Examples of non-medically necessary services are completion of disability forms, FMLA forms, prescription pre-authorizations, completion of life insurance applications and duplication of medical records.
I am “opted out” of Medicare – Medicare will not reimburse any fees and you will not be able to file a claim.
Patients may request a written estimate of their out-of-pocket expenses. Charges may vary based on the patient’s condition. The request may delay the scheduling of your care. The actual charges may differ from the amount paid by the third-party payer. The patient is personally liable for the services not paid by health insurance.
Dr. Grugle will not furnish adverse information to consumer reporting agencies regarding amounts owed by the patient if the patient finalizes a payment plan agreement within 45 days of receiving the first statement. You may be able to reduce some of your out-of-pocket costs for an out-of-network medical or health care claim that is eligible for mediation by contacting the Texas Department of Insurance at http://www.tdi.texas.gov/consumer/cpmmediation.html and 1-800-252-3439.
Questions? Use the form below: